FOR LIVE AUCTIONS
We pride ourselves on our personable interaction with our customers. Over the more than 40 years we’ve been in business we have established not only business relationships with our buyers, but personal relationships as well. We are known for having a personal touch when helping those less experienced buyers get acquainted with how the auction process works.
This is how we’ve run our business from the very beginning which has allowed us to build a following of loyal buyers over the years. Our business is run on a professional and honest basis so buyers can bid confidently at our auctions. We appreciate your business and welcome to Howard Auctions and Estate Sales.
- In order to register at our live auctions whether on-site or at a hall, you are required to have a valid driver’s license to obtain a bidder’s number.
- The terms of our auctions are listed on the back of our bid numbers.
- You are responsible for your bid number and all purchases recorded. (So keep it in a safe place)
- Buyer’s premium of 10% applies to all our live auctions and will be added to the hammer price.
- For all applicable auctions Indiana sales tax of 7% will be applied to the hammer price. If you have a valid sales tax exemption you must be prepared to fill out a sales tax exemption form.
- Payment methods are; cash, check (with proper ID), or major credit card. There will be a 3% service charge when you pay with a credit card.
- Once the hammer drops and the auctioneer declares the item sold it belongs to you and you are responsible for it.
- All items must be removed from the premises the day of the sale.
- All auction items are sold Where is/As is and are final. Howard Auctions and Estate Sales does not guarantee any item. It is the responsibility of the buyer to use their own discretion when bidding.
FOR ONLINE BIDDING
- A valid credit card will be required to obtain a bid number in order to bid at our online auctions.
- You must register for each individual auction in order to bid at our online auctions.
- Make sure to read all the terms and conditions of the sale posted on our hibid website.
- All sales are final and as such your credit card will be charged at the conclusion of the sale for payment of your items.
- When registering to bid you will be directed to our SSL HowardAuctionsandEstateSales.hibid page to register. Follow the prompts to enter your information for bidding at our auctions.
- Review the Terms and Conditions of each sale as buyer’s premium is different from on-site auctions.
- Indiana sales tax of 7% will be added to your purchase.
- Packing and shipping are not included in the buyer’s premium or hammer price. This is the buyer’s sole responsibility. For larger items, arrangements for pickup must be made with shipper and Howard Auctions and Estate Sales. Smaller items will be shipped via Priority mail at buyer’s expense.
- Please ask any questions you may have prior to day of sale either by calling (219) 921-9844 (Chuck) or (219) 921-6640 (Linda) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.